Thursday, January 21, 2016

College football stadiums I've visited

Since I'm still not ready for college football season to be over, I decided to make a list of all the FBS college football stadiums I've attended games in. (Hey, if I can do it for countries, I can also do it for stadiums!)
A strikethrough means that the stadium no longer exists or is no longer in use. An asterisk (*) means that the stadium has been expanded or renovated since I've visited.

Alamodome, San Antonio TX (UTSA Roadrunners)
Amon Carter Stadium*, Fort Worth TX (TCU Horned Frogs, Armed Forces Bowl)
Apogee Stadium, Denton TX (North Texas Mean Green)
Astrodome, Houston TX (Houston Cougars, Houston Bowl)
Brighthouse Networks Stadium, Orlando FL (Central Florida Golden Knights)
Cajun Field, Lafayette LA (Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns)
Cotton Bowl, Dallas TX (Texas Longhorns/Oklahoma Sooners)
Darrell K Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium*, Austin TX (Texas Longhorns)
Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium*, Greenville NC (East Carolina Pirates)
Fouts Field, Denton TX (North Texas Mean Green)
Georgia Dome, Atlanta GA (Peach Bowl)
Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Highland Park TX (SMU Mustangs)
Hughes Stadium, Fort Collins CO (Colorado State Rams)
Kyle Field*, College Station TX (Texas A&M Aggies)
Liberty Bowl, Memphis TN (Liberty Bowl)
Michie Stadium, West Point NY (Army Black Knights)
NRG (Reliant) Stadium, Houston TX (Houston Cougars, Rice Owls, Texas Bowl)
Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium*, Norman OK (Oklahoma Sooners)
Rice Stadium, Houston TX (Rice Owls)
Robertson Stadium, Houston TX (Houston Cougars)
Rose Bowl, Pasadena CA (UCLA Bruins)
Superdome, New Orleans LA (Tulane Green Wave, New Orleans Bowl)
TDECU Stadium, Houston TX (Houston Cougars)
Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge LA (Louisiana State Tigers)

Although it does stretch from stadiums in Florida to New York to Los Angeles, this is really not that long of a list, all things considered. Between 128 FBS teams, neutral site stadiums and bowl stadiums, there are probably somewhere around 150 stadiums where top-level college football is played on a regular basis. I've visited 24, and three of those no longer exist or are operation. Furthermore, several of these venues have been extensively renovated since I last visited them; A&M's Kyle Field and TCU's Amon Carter Stadium are essentially different structures today than when I was last there. As much of a college football fan as I am, I need to make more roadtrips.

With that said, this list continues to grow. Last year I added LSU's Tiger Stadium and the Georgia Dome to this list. This fall I'm going to try to add Texas State's Bobcat Stadium and, hopefully, Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium to the list.

No comments: